Thursday, April 14, 2016

Journey of an Angel

Journey of an Angel

I am not sure what prompted me to click the button and sign up to become an Ainsley’s Angel.  I know I was nervous after submitting the form – the website states, “Do you have what it takes to be an Ainsley’s Angel?”  As I stared at the computer I wondered, do I???  

Of course, I received an email almost immediately from the Florida Ambassador, Jodi Stoner: 

Hello Jill, I just received your registration for Ainsley's Angels in Florida!!!! So excited for you to join our team... you will be blessed in so many wonderful ways!!!!!

Uh oh, it’s real now.  My excitement and anxiety skyrocketed! 

Fast forward to April, 10th, 2016 - I just celebrated my one year anniversary as an Angel at the Iron Girl race in Clearwater, FL.  It’s hard to imagine life without the Angels now as they have become an integral part of my life.  






I have met so many wonderfully kind, generous, thoughtful, gigantic hearted people plus all the kids and adult athlete riders whose smiles and laughter and chants to, “run faster” melt my heart.




I never knew I could smile so much or soar so high!  Feelings of euphoria surround every Angel event and leave me floating on cloud nine in the hours and days after!  I never want to come down and I cannot wait for the next race.

I thought this endeavor would allow me to enjoy something I love and give back.  Reflecting on my time with the Angels, I realize I am the lucky one who has been blessed (as Jodi foreshadowed in our first communication).  


I am beyond grateful and honored every time 
I lace up to challenge myself, my Angel Athlete and fellow Angels to create an amazing experience that will carry us to the finish line!

I am hopelessly addicted and I LOVE every minute of it!


As I try to sum up my feelings, this quote a friend posted comes to mind:

"Remember that when you leave this earth, you can take with you nothing you have received, but only what you have given: a full heart enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice, and courage."                                                                                        -St. Francis of Assisi 

We all have an inner Angel waiting to unfurl their wings.  

Thank you Run Jodi for freeing mine!

Together We Shall

 MISSION-In addition to ensuring everyone can experience endurance events, Ainsley's Angels of America aims to build awareness about America's special needs community through inclusion in all aspects of life.  Serving as advocates to providing education and participating as active members in local communities, we believe everyone deserves to be included.

2 comments:

  1. So very Beautiful! Thank you for accepting the calling to show that you had what it takes to be an Ainsley's Angel and THANK YOU for sharing this wonderful journey with us through these photos and words! God Bless you!
    -Ainsley's Proud Father

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this piece, thanks for sharing your experience and your journey. I love the quote from St Francis of Asissi, great words to live by
    :)

    ReplyDelete